The Importance Of Guidance & Counselling In A Student's Life
Well just like every other person, students too, require right guidance to choose an academic course or to choose a career in which they can fit in and also deserve a healthy mental status. Students have tender hearts and they become sad for a trivial issue, so there is a great need of counseling felt in schools. Today due to a plethora of fields, students are unable to find the right field for themselves and feel confused to choose a course. So, in this situation, they feel like getting some guidance from the student counselors. Effective Counselling for students can really help them eliminate their career related issues and they are able to shape their career by choosing the right field.
Counselors can be said as the torch-bearers of the students. They can easily identify as well as accomplish the career as well as academic goals of the student and enhance their personal development thereby improving The purpose of counseling should be to provide valuable life-lessons to the students so that they may become professionals in their career. Students who get counseling are able to choose between different careers and can prepare themselves for a particular field according to their education and interests.
Ways through which a counselor help the student are the following: -
- Combating with psychological as well as social issues.
- Let the students be expressive and maintaining emotional consistency and Confidentiality as well.
- Becoming Non- judgemental and Build the rapport with students.
- It helps to bridge the gap between students and the school administration, since they are able to guide their problems through a proper counselling channel in the office.
- Students get comprehensive advice on career, courses and jobs that enable them to make a proper and informed choice and understand what they can do after they are done with school.
Education System is always under the hammer for being competitive and focusing more on quantitative learning, long school hours, heavy school bags, curriculum. With this type of system, students tend to become less creative, innovative and leave no room for self-learning which is the need of the hour.